When it comes to taxes, artists have unique needs and benefits. As both a tax preparer and a working actor, Emily Churchill, EA, specializes in the concerns that are unique to creative workers. This interactive webinar will cover:
- Basics of Taxation (standardized deductions, claiming exemptions, employee/non-employee income);
- To itemize or not to itemize? (what you can deduct as an artist);
- How to keep track of expenses throughout the year and stay organized for your tax returns;
- Making quarterly payments;
- 1099 Misc/Schedule C income and expenses.
Artists and creatives of all backgrounds will learn best practices and important take-aways about the current tax code in a friendly and confidential setting. (Please note: this workshop is for educational purposes only. Each person's tax needs are specific to their own returns, and one should always seek the advice of their own professional tax preparer.)
Emily Churchill, EA
, is a senior preparer at M & M Tax Pros, Inc
, who specialize in Entertainment Taxation. Ms. Churchill has over 11 tax seasons of experience in entertainment taxes. She holds the prestigious designation of Enrolled Agent, which is awarded by the Internal Revenue Service to experienced practitioners. As a working actor, Emily is also highly knowledgeable of the entertainment industry and with the many avenues an artist's life can take. Her clients range from real estate agents to culinary professionals to editors in film and television.
Date: Friday, January 29, 2021
Online platform: A Zoom link will be emailed to those who register.
Cost: $25 ($35 after January 17)
This workshop is made possible with support from:
To enroll in a workshop, you must first become a member of CCI and create a user name and password. CCI membership is free of charge and open to the public.
Cancellation Policy: Full refund on registration fees up to 48 hours prior to workshop date. Fees non-refundable after that date.
***IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS*** (DON'T SKIP STEPS 5-6!)
- Click the green REGISTER NOW button.
- Enter the required information.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Review your Shopping Cart, and add additional registrants (if desired).
- Click CHECKOUT.
- Enter your billing information and click CONTINUE.
- When you see your Receipt, you have successfully registered!