January 16, 2022
Topic: Networking/Field Learning
Provider/Presenting Organization: Catapult
Location: Online Classes/Webinars
Are you confused, embarrassed, or terrified about writing an artist’s statement? Are you unsure about how to apply for artists’ residencies, grants, or fellowships? Then this two day workshop is for you! We will learn how to write compelling and clear statements of purpose, and create strong applications for grants, fellowships, and artists’ residencies. Students will have the chance to brainstorm and create their own templates in class, get feedback on their personal statements, and feel confident in future forays in the wider literary world. We will also discuss tools for managing submissions as well as researching and accessing online writing resources.
Class meetings will be held over video chat, using Zoom accessed from your private class page.
- A solid statement of purpose that can be used as a template for future applications
- Becoming comfortable with researching and applying to a wide variety of grants and residencies
- 10% discount on all future Catapult classes
- Brainstorming and creating templates for individual statements
- Analyzing statements for strengths and weaknesses
- Writing, submitting, and revising an artist's statement or statement of purpose
- Researching and applying for different grants and residencies
- Creating and maintaining a system for tracking submissions