L.A. Artists' Mini-Town Hall
June 9, 2012, 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
|Provider/Presenting Organization:||Center for Cultural Innovation|
|Location:||Los Angeles Metro|
L.A. ARTISTS’ MINI-TOWN HALL
Saturday, June 9, 2012
9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
JACCC Japan America Theatre
244 S. San Pedro Street, Los Angeles
The Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI) is pleased to announce a special convening that will address funding issues and resources available to individual artists in Los Angeles.
Registration table opens at 9:30 a.m.; program starts at 10:00 a.m.
The program will include morning Panel Discussions with local and national arts funders who will talk about the present and future funding environment for artists, as well as funding resources currently available in Los Angeles. The afternoon will offer Resource Roundtables to meet in small groups with funders and other service providers supporting Los Angeles individual artists.
Featured speakers and presenters for this event include:
- Claire Peeps, Executive Director, The Durfee Foundation
- Katharine DeShaw, Executive Director, United States Artists
- Holly Sidford, President, Helicon Collaborative
- Joe Smoke, Grant Program Director, City of L.A. Department of Cultural Affairs
- Leslie Ito, Program Officer, Arts, California Community Foundation
- Sofia Klatzker, Director of Grants and Professional Development, Los Angeles County Arts Commission
- Erin Harkey, Civic Art Project Manager, Los Angeles County Arts Commission
- Katy Hilton, Grants Manager, Investing in Artists and ARC Grants Programs
- Jayna Swartzman, Program Manager, Creative Capacity Fund
- Kira Shewfelt, Artist Relations Coordinator, USA Projects
- Daniel Kitowski, Director of Health Services, Western Region, The Actors Fund
- Raélle Dorfan, Program Coordinator, Pentacle Help Desk/L.A.
- Angie Kim, Board Chair, Center for Cultural Innovation
- Cora Mirikitani, President and CEO, Center for Cultural Innovation
Registration fee is $10 and includes a light lunch.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. YOU CAN REGISTER ON THE MORNING OF THE EVENT AS A WALK-UP, BUT LUNCH WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.
Sponsored by: Center for Cultural Innovation and Department of Cultural Affairs, City of Los Angeles
Cancellation Policy: Full refund on registration fees up to 72 hours prior to L.A. Artists' Mini-Town Hall date. Fees non-refundable after that date.